Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Water Under the Bridge

It's been a long month, and I've been working on my Chain Story (which should be up soon), but I wanted to offer this bit below.  I've done a couple like it, but it's modeled after the short 3-6 sentence short stories in some of Hemingway's Short Story books.  I wrote one back in April of 2007 called The Rat's Nest and another one in April of 2009 called So Many Night's Ago.



Be sure to check out my recent collections available on the Kindle.








I loved you, but I found someone else to share the life with me I wanted for us. It was near impossible to let go, and I still wonder how things would have come out between us, but I couldn't wait for you any longer. I'd have been a fool to. The life I have now is so happy and so wonderful that it's hard not to think about how things could have been with you.  I wonder sometimes where you are now and think about calling, but I know you wouldn't answer.  Even if I could muster the courage to make that call and wish you luck in finding the happiness I wanted for us in someone you could stand.



No comments:

Post a Comment